Saturday, July 30, 2011

Menu Plan: July 30-August 5

Breakfasts:
Su 31)  Pancakes with wild frozen blueberries
M 1) Scrambled eggs and toast
T 2) Cereal and milk
W 3) Frozen fruit smoothies
Th 4) Carrot muffins and yogurt
F 5) Eggs and toast

Lunches:
Su 31) Grilled Cheese and veggies
M 1) Macaroni and cheese
T 2) Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches and strawberries
W 3) Noodles and Veggie stir-fry
Th 4) Waffles and fruit
F 5) Peanut Butter and Jelly

Dinners:
S 30)  Leftover night  (Scour your fridge for those leftovers and place them all on the table buffet-style)
Su 31) Slow Cooker Lasagne with spinach and beef  (I love using my slow-cooker when it's hot outside!  We get a delicious meal without heating up our entire house!)
M 1) Leftover lasagne
T 2)  Beef tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, cheese & olives
W 3)Chicken salad (Romaine lettuce with slices of carrots and peppers with sliced chicken)
Th 4) BBQ Chicken and rice with carrots
F 5) Take and bake pizza **

** We go to WalMart and buy one of their vegetarian pizzas.  Then, we bring it home and add more goodies.  We like adding sliced chicken, pineapple, olives, peppers and mushrooms.   It's only $6.50 for the pizza which will feed us for 2 nights (or 1 if we are watching a movie that night!!), and it hardly costs a thing to add the extra toppings!  Plus, you know exactly what's in your pizza, and it's something that everyone will enjoy!

***  After I make my meal-plans, I go through my pantry/fridge/freezers and see what I have and then make a shopping list of what I need to purchase.  If it's something that might expire before I use it, I will sometimes make a plan to go later in the week to get it ***

No comments:

Post a Comment